Sunday 28 October 2007

Chic like a sailor and nautical novelties

Well... I have had a lesson from Craig in how to rotate my pictures and it has worked:


Although, now I have made a mistake with the photos and can't seem to delete them...nevermind......



and I even managed to move the photo where I wanted it! Hurray! (The pirate wants to be in this all the way through- I can't get rid of him)

Anyway, today I went to the 'sailor chic' knitting event (hence the pirate- he had his nipple tassles chopped off cruelly as there were children...) with IKL icons Craig and Sue, (see how I managed to do links there! are you proud?)Melissa joined us as did some other random people throughout the afternoon. One passerby picked up my knitted tit and stared at it inquisitively- I could not take a picture of this sight as I was trying not to laugh.
We were nautically productive:

Yes- that is a seagull on Craig's hat- later Sue sewed it on for him and he was brave and wore it to the pub afterwards- he may start a new trend. Sue was very productive- she made a cat (for the pirate) and a bell (for the pirate's ship). I tried to make a rabbit....until it went wrong as I should have had a choc egg to put up its bum and it was pointed out to me that this had nothing to do with sailors....

So I turned it into a whistle (for the pirate). Melissa made him a sailor's hat and then we took the pirate to the pub...

Not content with all his gifts- the pirate did something very unacceptable in the pitcher he had been propped up in..

You just can't take him anywhere.

3 comments:

Mithranstar said...

Very funny! Honestly, pirates just can't be trusted to behave in public.

Was a really good afternoon, both the knitting and the pub afterwards. Congratulations on sorting out your photographs - very impressive! It took me ages to even put photos onto my blog!

Craigs hat looks great with the little seagull, and he carried it off so well. Wish I was thhat cool!

Melissa x

Gerard said...

Aww, shucks *blushes*

Brilliant blog, made me laugh so much!

scullyknits said...

thanks for the comments!